Do North Americans equate being child-like with being incompetent? Do we keep extending the definition of “childhood” and allow young adults (incl. teens) to be dependent and irresponsible while restricting what they can do and what’s expected of them?
- Infantilization of Young People,
- Infantilization – American adults are becoming more and more childish as the decades go by,
- The Princess Syndrome and the Infantilization of Woomanhood,
- Trashing Teens – teens are far more competent that we give them credit for; the more young people are infantilized, the more psychopathology they show
- Psychology of Restrictions – parenting styles and their effects